This is a list of the free, available books online about genealogy, the history or people of Alabama, and Marshall County. If you have something you can add to this page, please contact me. Thank you.
Alabama Government Books
- Ordinances and Constitution of the State of Alabama with the Constitution of the Provisional Governmentand of the Confederate States of America
- The History and Debates of the Convention of the People of Alabama Begun and held in the City of Montgomery, on the Seventh Day of January, 1861in which is Preserved the Speeches of the Secret Sessions,and Many Valuable State Papers Smith, William Russell, 1815-1896.
- The Philosophy of Secession A Southern View,Presented in a Letter Addressed to the Hon. Mr. Perkins of Louisiana, in Criticism on the ProvisionalConstitution Adopted by the Southern Congress at Montgomery, Alabama Spratt, L. W. (Leonidas W.)
- John A. Wyeth (John Allan), 1845-1922 With Sabre and Scalpel; the Autobiography of a Soldier and Surgeon. New York; London: Harper & Brothers, 1914.
- A Model Confederate Soldier Being a Brief Sketch of the Rev. Nathaniel D. Renfroe,Lieutenant of a Company in the Fifth Alabama Battalion, of Gen. A. P. Hill’s Division,Who Fell in the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862 Renfroe, J. J. D.(John Jefferson Deyampert), 1830-1888.
- A Narrative of Events of the Life of J. H. Banks an Escaped Slave, from the Cotton State, Alabama, in America Pennington, James W. C., 1807-1870
- Narrative of James Williams an American Slave, Who Was for Several Yearsa Driver on a Cotton Plantation in Alabama James Williams, 1805-?
Alabama Societies and Religious Books
- Proceedings of the Grand Chapter of Alabama at the Annual Convocation Held in the City of Montgomery, Commencing December 8, 1863 Royal Arch Masons. Grand Chapter (Ala.)
- Minutes of the Proceedings of the Ten Islands Baptist Association Held with the Church at Post Oak Spring, Calhoun County, Alabama,on the 26th, 27th and 28th Days of September, 1863 Ten Islands Baptist Association.
- Proceedings of a Meeting of Bishops, Clergymen, and Laymen,of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Confederate States At Montgomery, Alabama, On the 3d, 4th, 5th & 6th of July, 1861 Protestant Episcopal Churchin the Confederate States of America.
Alabama Business Records
- Letter to Hon. Chas. B. Mitchell in Relation to the Iron Business of Alabama. Shelby Iron Company.